Wednesday, April 8, 2009

getting older is just a state of mind

It's surreal to think that every adult out there today was once a crazy teenager. You know, they've probably gotten drunk at least once. Done things they weren't supposed to do. When you grow up, you learn right from wrong; you can't do anything crazy without fear of punishment or, at least, strange looks from other adults.

Why, though? Why can't we all be crazy and young and carefree forever? I mean, to a certain extent. I know it's only realistic to expect that there needs to be adults in the world that use their experience to like, better the world now and keep away anarchy and chaos and stuff like that. But, I think grown ups need to lighten up.

Everything should be amazing and beautiful everyday. I think we take the little things for granted. I really do. I do it, too. But I think we, as a society, should stop. Slow down and appreciate the things around you. I think that's the key; slow down. Stay gold, aye? (Maybe this is what I get for joining drama and watching a 2 hour depiction of the book/movie "The Outsiders" in play form everyday.)

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower, but
Only so an hour.
So leaf subsides to leaf,
So eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down to day,
Nothing gold can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment